viernes, 12 de diciembre de 2014

Essay: Doramas

When I was younger, people thought that I was strange and a friki. I guess that they had reason, but definitely I am more happy being as I am really. I have always been an ``otaku´´ of manga and anime. Cartoons such as ``Naruto´´or ``Detective Conan´´ have marked my childhood. When I grew up, I continued watching them, but I discovered something new: ``Doramas´´. Despite someone can believe, dorama are much more interesting than a simple soap drama and many TV series.
First of all, I am explaining what a dorama is exactly. ``Dorama´´ is a word to select all Oriental´s series and soap dramas. There are many kinds: comedy, mystery, drama, fiction, fantasy... Personally, I preferer doramas which treat about comedy, modern life, history and fantasy. There are so many that you will never be bored of them. Most importantly, the sex is much less frequently than European and American dramas, which is sometimes a relief. In my opinion, in those series too sex appears, only to get more audience. It sucks.
The first dorama I watched was ``Hana Yori Dango´´. This dorama was based on the manga and anime with the same name. I saw it because I didn´t find the manga or anime, so I decided to watch it. There are a lot of versions of ``Hana Yori Dango´´. This one is the Japanese version, the second one I saw was the Korean: ``Boys Before Flowers´´(I know, I know, the name is not very serious, but well...). Also there are a Chinese and a Taiwanes version of this fantastic story.
Since then, I couldn´t stop watching and I became an addict to them. I have seen so much that I can´t remember all the names: ``You´re beautiful´´, ``Coffee Prince´´, ``My fair Lady´´, ``Lie to me´´, ``Secret´´,``Marry me, Mary´´... At the moment, I´m finishing with one whose name is ``Empress Ki´´. At the beginning, this one didn´t attract me much, but in a few episodes I was totally addicted; and in less of three weeks I have almost seen the 51 episodes.
To conclude, ``dorama´´ is a TV serie which is from Asian. Some of them are inspired in historical facts, mangas, in real life...There are a lot and if you decide to watch one of them, you will run the risk of being an addict as I am now.
Empress Ki

This was the video with which I discover this fantastic dorama


No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario